Did not want to…

by Sheri on December 5, 2012

Boy did I have a whopper of a day yesterday.  That is why I am blogging about it today!

My morning started out with Zaxari waking up with a slight fever and a red rash on his chest and back!  I had seen a rash similar to this before when Jaxin had Strep and Scarlet Fever last July! 

I immediately called the Doctor and was told that I would need to take him to Emergency at the hospital…Great!  So since my hubby had already left for work I called my Mom to see if I could drop Jaxin off at her place while I took Zaxari to the Hospital.  Never the less Jaxin did not go to school yesterday…he went to Grandma’s instead…he was fine with that of course!

I made sure to pack everything I was going to need in the diaper bag and headed out the door.  I got to the hospital around 9:30am and THANKFULLY did not have to wait very long.  Sometime the wait can be very long!

When we finally did see the doctor she said that the rash did not look that worrisome and she did not believe that is was Strep related.  But the rash did look a lot like the Scarlet Fever rash so she took a swab of his throat anyway just in case.  Since his fever was gone and she was not really worried about the rash she sent us home and if he got any worse to bring him back.

So I was back home before lunch time which made me happy.  We had lunch but Zaxari was not to interested in really eating anything.  He was just cranky and tired.  So I laid him down for a nap and he slept from 12:30pm until 4:00pm.


My lunch consisted of leftovers from the night before.


Baked meatballs and some more zucchini noodles..delish!

When Zaxari woke up he drank some juice and had some jello.  Then he decided that sleep was needed again.  I laid him down in the playpen in the living room so I could keep an eye on him.


He slept there until my hubby got home at about 6:30pm. 


While Zax was slept I managed to have a little snack.  It had been a long time since I had lunch and I was starting to get hungry!


I warmed up a lentil cake and topped it with salsa and a dollop of greek yogurt.

When Zax got up I think he was feeling a little bit better because he ate a good portion of Mac and Cheese.  I had made some for Jaxin for supper.  I was not sure if he would eat but he did.  He also had some more juice.  Trying to get the liquids into him.

After that he got pretty clingy and wanted Mommy a lot.  It was hard to get anything done and therefore my supper was pretty late!

I managed to get most of my supper prepared while trying to juggle Zaxari.  Just before 8pm the hubby put Zaxari to bed.  My supper was just about ready and I still needed to get my Burpees done for the day.  So I decided to do them before I ate.

50 Burpees for time


I got a GREAT time!!  I could not believe it!  My last time was 3:40!  As I was doing them I was thinking I just wanted to get them done so I could eat my supper.  I was pretty hungry…guess it worked!  However, towards the end I think my form was starting to suffer a little as my legs were caving in a little!  It was pretty hard and I was breathing like a mad woman when I was done.  Had to do a few laps around the island in my kitchen to cool down!


Was so good when I finally got to eat it.


Baked cod with a basmati rice lentil mix and sautéed bell peppers and onions.  I topped my cod with lots of salsa.



So that was pretty much the end to my Day 2 of the Challenge..the whole day was a challenge for me!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 0 comments… add one now }

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: