Sliver from an Onion?

by Sheri on August 10, 2010

This morning I woke up at 5:30 am and got in my weight workout.  I did my Fit Yummy Mummy circuit today.

I tried a new workout from the series called Tri-sets.  You do three different exercises one after the other in a circuit and repeat 2-4 times.  There are two circuits of three different exercises.  I loved it and it sure did make me sweat!  Nothing like a good sweat to get your morning started.

I have been doing the Fit Yummy Mummy workout on and off now for about 2 years.  I originally started it about a year after J was born and it helped me tone up a lot.  Just running and walking was not cutting the mustard anymore!   I love the method of training outlined in her book.  It works really well for a busy Mom like myself.

After my workout I gave my new post workout drink a try.

IMG_1256I have used Prograde products in the past and have really liked them.  So I ordered some more and I thought I would give this workout drink a try.  It was very good.  I liked the vanilla flavour and the best part is it was easy to mix.  I just gave it a good shake for a few seconds in my shaker.

Breakfast this morning was eggs again! Sorry..boring I know.  They looked the same as yesterday.  So I won’t bore you with another picture.

This morning after breakfast J had a speech appointment.  On our way home I stopped at the market to pick up a few things for my lunch.  While I was picking out an onion I managed to get a sliver from the skin!  Man did it hurt!  I had to wait until I got home to get it out.  That was a first getting a sliver from a vegetable!  My finger is still a bit sore where I removed the sliver from

For lunch I grilled up J a yummy grilled cheese on my Griddler and for myself a very tasty Panini!

IMG_1257

In a fresh Multigrain Ciabatta Bun I layered sliced gruyere cheese, grilled yellow squash, spinach and smeared each side of the bun with whole made pesto I had in the freezer.

IMG_1262 It turned out fantastic.  The bread got crispy on the outside and the inside was gooey with the cheese and so flavourful.  Mmmmm…..it was so good!

IMG_1264It was also very filling!  I was going to have some cherries as well but decided that the sandwich was enough.

The rest of my afternoon was quiet while J had his nap.  I worked a little on my computer, sipped some tea and did a bit of laundry.

Supper tonight was turkeylicous!

IMG_1292 I took fresh ground turkey and seasoned it with cilantro, diced green onion, Dijon mustard, sea salt and cracked pepper.  I formed them into 5oz patties for the hubs to cook on the grill.

IMG_1290I then sautéed some mushrooms and onions in one pan and kale with garlic in another pan with EVOO.

IMG_1289 When it was ready I layered it all on the plate, sautéed kale, turkey burger, mushroom and onion mixture.  It was delicious and so very healthy.

Then a little bit after supper I introduced the hubs to the deliciousness that is Banana Soft Serve!!  I of course cannot take credit for this wonderful confection it is all Gena’s creation!

IMG_1296

Tonight I blended frozen banana, frozen cherries, a few choc chips, splash of almond milk and a little bit of vanilla in the food processor.

While that was working it’s magic I made a little chocolate sauce.  I eyeballed it but I used coconut butter, coco powder and a little agave nectar to sweeten.  I love how it harden on the banana soft serve as a shell!

Then I gave it a little cloud of whipped cream and a little more drizzle of the chocolate sauce.

IMG_1295This was the BOMB!  So very good…and I don’t feel guilty at all for eating it!  The hubs loved it too!  I need to freeze more bananas now..ha!

Well the hubs rented Date Night for us to watch tonight so I am off! 🙂

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Ashley August 16, 2010 at 10:50 am

Your photos are fabulous! The banana soft serve looks awesome. I have those dotted bowls and love them! 😉

Sheri August 16, 2010 at 11:26 am

Thanks Ashley…your sweet! I have the hubby hooked on the banana soft serve now too!

silvamqyz.newsvine.com October 28, 2013 at 3:53 am

Yes! Finally someone writes about skin care.

Athletic Greens May 23, 2014 at 10:39 am

Pumpkin- high in fiber and low in calories, pumpkin packs
a fortune of disease-fighting nutrients, including potassium, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and vitamins
C and E. References: Pitchford, Paul, Healing with Wholefoods.
Blueberries Chock filled with anti-oxidants and also phytoflavinoids,
Blueberries are also high in potassium as
well as ascorbic acid.

are athletic greens any good May 23, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Whole grain breads, cereals and pastas have high amounts
of thiamin. So it has a less full bodied flavor than tamari and it has a larger alcohol content which isn’t necessarily a problem but there’s less flavor to it and since it has wheat in it people with wheat allergies and people
with gluten intolerance which is a big percentage of
the population cannot consume it. A common problem,
particularly in larger breeds of dogs, is problems with their joints as
they age.

greens superfood supplement May 26, 2014 at 5:43 am

You can do this by ensuring they eat sufficient fruit and vegetables.
Part of the confusion about superfoods comes from the fact that they are often backed up by some legitimate scientific research; however, the conclusions may
be blown way out of proportion, becoming dubious claims eagerly accepted as
fact. Not only are they good for you to battle illness, they also aid in weight loss.

Gesecy October 28, 2015 at 7:45 am

精准医疗又叫个性化医疗,是指以个人基因组信息为基础,结合蛋白质组,代谢组等相关内环境信息,为病人量身设计出最佳治疗方案,以期达到治疗效果最大化和副作用最小化的一门定制医疗模式。因此相较传统医疗,精准医疗具有针对性、高效性及预防性等特征。

美国医学界在2011年首次提出了“精准医学”的概念,今年1月20日,奥巴马又在美国国情咨文中提出“精准医学计划”,希望精准医学可以引领一个医学新时代。10月8日,2015全球创新论坛纽约峰会在纽约穆迪总部大楼举办。乐土投资集团CEO刘如银在峰会上介绍了他的精准医疗生态圈的想法。

刘如银介绍了乐土投资在美国的国际化实践,包括在美国的地产投资拓展,以及最新投资的医疗健康项目。乐土投资集团(CLIG)定位以硅谷的高科技投资为引擎,以科技医疗和互联网金融为两翼,链接最具价值的深科技健康项目,服务国际大健康和科技发展。

美国财政预算计划在2016年拨付给美国国立卫生研究院(NIH)、美国食品药品监督管理局(FDA)、美国国家医疗信息技术协调办公室(ONC)等机构共2.15亿美元用于资助这方面的科学研究与创新发展。

刘如银说:美国的精准医疗主要是围绕着基因组、蛋白组等方面的检测,也就是围绕分子生物学的特性,针对个体化的病理特征进行治疗。而我们所关注的不仅如此,更是系统化的,全过程、全要素、全局性的对医疗过程和临床实践进行优化。我们所指的精准医疗也是针对每一个病人的具体病情,正确选择并精确的应用适当的治疗方法。刘如银认为:精准医疗的最终目标是以最小化的医源性损害、最低化的医疗资源耗费去获得最大化的病患的效益,其前景不可限量。

精准医疗要做到个性、高效及预防的关键在于筛查和诊断,因此基因测序等检测诊断技术的发展是关键。成本的下降让基因测序商业化市场的打开成为可能,基因测序技术的成熟和商用经过了多年的发展,1980 年自动测序仪出现,2001 年完成了人类基因组框架图标志着这一技术的成熟,2007 年二代基因测序技术大幅降低测序成本,使得这一技术应用出现可能,以走在前列的Illumina 公司为例,该公司自2007 年起把当时每个基因组的测序成本费用从1000万美元降到了当下的1000 美元, 根据Illumina 公司数据,全球NGS(二代基因测序)的应用市场规模预计为200 亿美元,药品研发和临床应用是增速最快的领域,增速超过15%,肿瘤诊断和个性化用药是最有应用前景的领域,市场规模120亿美元。乐土投资与Illumina以及新一代的基因检测公司Genalyte, Centrillion都有着合作关系。

刘如银说:精准医疗作为医疗模式的革新对提高我国国民健康水平有重要意义,将在基因测序技术发展和国家政策的推动下迎来黄金发展期。精准治疗是下一个新兴朝阳行业,我们关注基因测序、肿瘤诊断及个性化用药等相关投资机会。

全球创新论坛纽约峰会由全美华人金融协会(The Chinese Finance Association, TCFA) 主办。全美华人金融协会于一九九四年在美国成立。分布在世界各地的会员来自华尔街投行、基金、监管部门、和学术界,已成为联系中美金融界最重要的桥梁之一。协会定期举行学术年会。协会本部设在纽约,并在波士顿,华盛顿,旧金山,伦敦,香港,北京和上海等金融中心设有分会。

原招商银行行长马蔚华,中信银行美国分行行长文兵,汉世纪投资管理有限公司合伙人吴皓,联合国南南合作办首席经济与投资专家杨庆宏等参加了本年度会议并发表了讲话。